We all hate them, and can't stand to see them, especially in our own home. For me, any bug is a pest. I don't mind them being outside in their natural environment, but when they enter my home I cannot stand it. I pride myself on keeping my house neat and tidy and when I see a bug of any sort crawling on the floor, I immediately associate it with having a dirty house, which is not always the right mind set. Bugs are not the only pests we encounter either. We have all battled armadillos, raccoons or even opossums getting into our trash at night. So how do we go about handling situations like these? I feel it is always helpful to have a lay out or plan of attack when it comes to situations we may not want to take care of ourselves. The following steps will help you on how to hire a pest control company.
1. Referrals: ask a friend!
2. Research: idenifty their credentials and license
3. References: read those reviews
4. Ask questions: find out their knowledge
5. Get estimates: cheaper may not always be better
6. Read the paperwork: make sure you know what your buying and the services being provided.
7. Go with your gut: trust your own judgement, someone else's experience may not be like yours.
After you utilize these steps and find the company or individual to take care of your pest concerns, set up an appointment and be sure to clear all items prior to their arrival and remove all pets from area of concern. I hope this information helps with any future pest control situations you may encounter.